Who needs a botanical garden when you have this gem in the neighborhood? We came across this beautiful lush garden space in Irving Park, Chicago.
Now we sometimes have driven by this spot, but walking across this beautiful garden store. Farmers Market--Chicago's Garden Center was a little different. Its beauty draws you in and as we explored we were not disappointed.
The girls loved all the Melissa & Doug toys and the store was filled with lots of pretty little things by way of gifts or crafts for gardeners and homemakers--my favorites were all the garden scented hand soaps and lotions.
Farmers Market does not disappoint, they had all the seasonal flowers ready to plant and all the indoor and outdoor trees you'd ever need to beautify your home. They had a lot of pretty garden pieces like columns and fountains to beautify your yard as well. While we were there, a custom order from Florida arrived, over sized indoor palm trees that were absolutely gorgeous!
We hope that one day, after we defeat the negative neighbors and soon to be former alderman and building department that rejects to code plans, that we will be able to able to shop at this beautiful store.
If you visit Irving Park, here are my current recommendations of where to stay, where to eat, and things to do:
1. The Hotel at Midtown: If you want access to Irving Park, this hotel is just a short drive down Elston Avenue which cuts through the Irving Park neighborhood. The amenities at hotel are grand, tennis, indoor and outdoor pool, restaurants, roof decks, exercise classes and equipment, salon, store, and so much more. It is like staying at a country club.
2. Hotel Zachary: This new hotel is directly across from Wrigley Field, so if you are visiting to catch a Cubs game and want some respite at this pretty garden center, come.
3. Airbnb: Lots of local Chicago residents in Irving Park have opened their homes up for you, check them out, over 316 listings for every price point.
Now that our beloved Sabatino's is closed, this is a tough one. We would love more italian spots since in our opinion that is the BEST food. Have to check out some first before we recommend, but here are some suggestions:
1. Astoria Café & Bakery: This Serbian bakery has the prettiest desserts packaged like eye candy and even prettier on the mouth. Their ethnic food is also delicious.
2. Tuscan Hen Market: For amazing Italian style sandwiches and lite bites, this is the spot, amazing preparation and taste.
3. Cafe Beograd: One of our favorites for Nutella crepes and ethnic Serbian dishes.
1. Wrigley Field: Now we are more a soccer family, but this is one of the oldest fields in the Nation, Irving Park is really close to the stadium and you will find the neighborhood residents covered in blue and red on game day.
2. Riverwalk: If you enter on Rockwell and Berteau (off of Irving Park) takes you through a secret garden and respite off the river.
We love exploring Chicago and this list will keep growing, we explore as a family, we explore through business with our Looks, Leads, Lifestyle events at the prettiest places in Chicago and Chicagoland, be a tourist in your hometown, you'd be amazed at what you find.
Hi! Welcome to my world, I love all things, including God, my family, my business, law, work, fashion, style, and so much more. I am just starting this and I hope you stick around for the journey that should inspire you to do so much more. You have to start somewhere, and I promise you, it will only get better.